GM's Report: Feb'09
December 22, 2008 - February 6, 2009
Key activities of the staff group:
- Thanks to Aj Thakker, Greg Marshall, Jeff Simpson, Don Connick, and Charles Boser for working the APAS booth at Crop Production Show.
- Media activities focused on livestock, the railway overpayment, and the federal budget. President Marshall's strong reaction to the federal budget generated coverage across Canada.
- The Policy Analyst worked on revisions to the Policy Manual and research support on the federal budget.
- The General Manager and Communications Consultant participated in planning meetings for the Ecological Goods and Services Symposium to be held on March 25 and 26.
- Aj Thakker met with the RM Councils of Garden River and Nipawin.
Key activities specific to the General Manager:
- Participated in the Executive Committee Meeting on January 22.
- Participated in an Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada consultation on the strategic plan of the Research Branch.
- Attended the KAP AGM in Winnipeg.
- Coordinated the agenda for the Board Planning Retreat