GM's Report: April'09
March 9 – April 23, 2009
Key Activities of the Staff Group
- Our hospitality evening and booth at the SARM Convention were successful. Over 200 people from 56 Rural Municipalities attended the hospitality evening. Activity at the booth was brisk providing APAS representatives the opportunity to communicate with both member and non-member Rural Municipalities.
- Our radio campaign was conducted over this period on News Talk Radio, CKRM, CJVR, CJGX, and the Golden West chain.
- The newsletter was distributed to 29,000 Saskatchewan subscribers of The Western Producer in late March. Cost was approximately one half that of direct mail to rural mailboxes
- The Environmental Goods and Services Symposium was held in Regina on March 25 and 26, 2009. It was a success in terms of content, participation, enthusiasm, and financially. Aj Thakker videoed the speakers and is editing the presentation for an Access Television series and for distribution by cd.
- Aj Thakker continues to be active in completing daily updates and improvements to our website. Aj’s enthusiasm and expertise and the new software have transformed our website into a much more effective communications and information vehicle.
- Aj Thakker did presentations at Districts 5 and 6, the RM of Grass Lake Ratepayers meeting, and at meetings with the Councils of the Rural Municipalities of Swift Current, , Hazlewood, Kingsley, Lakeside, ponass Lake, and barrier Valley.
- On the financial management side, our GST annual return has been prepared and submitted. Our annual corporate tax return is being prepared.
Key Activities Specific to the General Manager
- Participated in meetings of the Economic, Trade, and Strategic Growth, Environment and Food Safety, and Governance Committees.
- Did presentations at Ratepayer meetings at the Rural Municipalities of Clayton, Fertile Belt, Montmartre, and Mount Hope.
- Did presentations at meetings with the Councils of the Rural Municipalities of Lake of the Rivers, Big Arm, Lake Johnston, Gravelbourg, and Round Valley.
- Participated in a meeting of the Steering Committee for the Producer Payment Security project.
- Participated in the April 17, 2009 Prairie Farm Leaders meeting.
- Participated in a “Big Ideas Session” of the Regina Chamber of Commerce.