I welcome you all to a new year of APAS board activities. The upcoming months will be filled with new and exciting challenges and I look forward to working with the new Board of Directors to build a stronger and more cohesive organization. Each and every one of us will feel overwhelmed at times. These are the times we must all rely on one another for the expertise that each of us possesses and the willingness to work together to fulfill our common goals.
The days immediately following the AGM have been filled with many well wishes for the organization and kind wishes for a productive new year.
My activities in the past three weeks have included:
- Interview with CBC Radio regarding the results of the recent Wheat Board elections.
- Working with office staff to plan and coordinate December Board meeting.
- Working with the office staff to familiarize myself with office procedures
- Worked with the GM to plan and coordinate elected official and staff participation at upcoming RM meetings
- Appeared on Jim Smalley's CKRM620AM NewsHour at Noon.
- Attended Poundmaker Annual Shareholders reception.
- Conference call with VP Don Connick and GM Nial Kuyek regarding strategy to further APAS' livestock policy to federal govt during dialogue leading to economic stimulus package.
- Appeared on CTV's Farmgate with Bob Simpson
- Conference call with RM of Chesterfield council members.
- CFA conference call on the Grains & Oilseeds committee - elected as co-chair of committee.
- Worked with office staff to draft letters to Prime Minister Harper and Premier Wall thanking them for their comments on the need for support to the livestock sector.
- Interview with Watrous Manitou newspaper
- Telephone conversation with the RM Councils of Brock, Manitou Lake, and Monet.
- Met with Kyle Korneychuck, CWB Board Director
- Interview with Barry Wilson of the Western Producer
- Met with Jim Thomspon (ICR Realtor) regarding the office lease.
- 2009 budget planning with General Manager Nial Kuyek
- Attended Regina Inn client reception with Nial Kuyek, General Manager
- Participated in conference call with industry groups re: Private Sector Risk Management Study
- Executive committee meeting on December 21 and Board of Directors meeting on December 22.